Sunday, May 16, 2010

In a Field

In a field my daydreams lingered between the tall blades of grass. The blades bent in the wind, each one brushing against my head and summoning wishful thinking. Ideas rose like feathers in the breeze. As I watched them drift, the clouds opened up like a spirit in the sky. The field and I were cleansed with raindrops. I felt each one. Even though my daydreams were soaked with water, they could still float in the flourishing wind. I noticed that the raindrops got bigger as the afternoon went on.
So did my ideas.






Artwork by Robin
Urton






















My friend Ryan says that whenever he's with me, he sees lots of colors. I don't quite know what it means, but I think it's one of the best compliments anyone's ever given me.






























So, let's metaphorically compare life to a Microsoft Word document. You and I each represent one period on the page.

What if an infinite number of pages were covered in periods? What if it made a beautiful pattern?

Each period may seem insignificant, but one is a part of something bigger and more beautiful than itself. But you must wonder how it got beautiful, and who knew how to design it like so. This Word document was not made on its own, by random chance, illogically.

Someone had to open up Word, and I don't think it was a mere computer glitch. Someone had to type it.



Please let me know what you think of my metaphor.















For all of you who are interested in science, behold! A glowing beverage!



No comments: