Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Optimism is Contagious




I was busily working on glass art (see right) on my day off of school, and I came outside and my car wasn't there. I was extremely confused, and I kept looking around for it, as if it would randomly appear or something. But it did not. I resourcefully found out that my car had been towed for supposedly blocking an invisible driveway, and that I would need $95 to get it back.
Someone that I [kind of] know was truly altruistic and decided to drive me to my house and to my banks to get some cash. I paid the towing company, yet I also got two tickets for a sum of money that I can't quite pay yet.

Later I went to the Apple store, hoping I could trick them into giving me a new free iPod, but that failed like I realistically knew it would. My iPod, "Katy's Bud", is officially dead.

H
owever, I thought today was fantastic! I realized that no matter how much money I'm required to pay and no matter how much I miss my iPod, these things are terribly insignificant to the greater scheme of things. The sky was still blue, the sun was still shining, and I still had the rest of the day to enjoy every moment of. It would be a waste of time to feel anxious about what I cannot control. I'm very grateful for getting to work on glass for a few hours, and I'm very grateful for the people I spent my day with. I'm grateful for free pie and I'm grateful for that friend who went out of her way to help me out.

That is enough to be happy about.

No comments: