Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nonsensical Reality



To say I hate math would be an incorrect statement. I hate math class, I hate math homework, I hate using mathematical concepts in everyday life. However, these fractals are the reason "I hate math" is dishonest; for these mathematically generated images have an artistic quality to them which I enjoy. It is an interesting duality--math and art--because we often think of a mathematical mind as logical and rule based, and an artistic mind as free-flowing and limitless. Here, we see the two qualities collide, and the results are outstanding.
































Fractals (video)











By the way, I dyed my turtle purple.


Ace has been more confident ever since his change. He used to spend all of his time under his log, hiding from everyone, but now he is on the prowl, wandering his cage, more often.


No comments: