Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Just Wild

Unfortunately, my T9 (smart text) on my phone fails to recognize "blog" as a word, even when I save it. So every time I text someone to let them know my blog is updated, I have to take an extra few seconds to type in "blog".

It also converts "bagels" to "acid?", which in the case of "Mom, when are you bringing the bagels", it turns into "Mom, when are you bringing the acid?"

They never said life would be easy.












Through nature and nurture and 18 years of this fortuitous existence, I have collected a set of beliefs. I will share them with you now.



-There are aliens out there. Sure, they haven't visited us. That's no reason to shoot them down. We haven't visited them, either.
-Gratitude brings happiness. Just being alive is something to be grateful for everyday, and it makes me happy to think the odds of my existence were one in a million. I'm a lucky one, and so are you.
-Nature is healing. Returning to a natural environment, or even a natural mindset, would cure many ills of humanity. I believe humans are naturally good.
-It's all in your head. You have the power to see the bright side in everything, and you have the power to be resilient. Life is what you make it, because
-Reality is just an illusion. Since everything in the world is constantly changing and evolving, there is no such thing as the "real world". It could be real at that moment. But in the great scheme of things, it is just a blurry frame of a full-length film.
-We as humans are oblivious to basically everything. We only base "reality" off of what we see, touch, taste, hear, etc. but there could possibly be a sense that we are completely lacking, a sense that could potentially tell us why we are here and why we have the ability to love. Who wrote this film, anyway? There are dimensions that a human cannot perceive--in my opinion, spiritual dimensions.















I’m just wild


Turn for me,
This ladybug hesitates to fly

It foresees gliding,
tripping
tumbling
into ambiguity

Even with wings
It waits for the wind

Where is your ladybug
When did it fly

A whisper proceeds
But she hesitates still.





Rock on, Damon Soule:






No comments: