Friday, December 17, 2010

Avoiding Arithmetic

Currently studying Art of Listening.

Don’t necessarily care what a concerto grosso is,

Beethoven seemed like someone I’d like to have dinner with,

though.

We should have a unit on the Gaslamp Killer

for there is nothing more artful

to listen to.

 

 

Also worthwhile to check out All Killer.

Img1731_Life_1024

 

 

 

 

JP King  

 

Beaver Glory-Hole

I’ve got a beaver

in a box, simply

described as a foul

glory-hole, in which

I stick my pencil,

make it sharp enough

to scribble uponwe-will-be-fish-coverweb-195x300

the paper that I

sketch and scheme my new

inventions like these.

Snail Cigarettes

I have a boot on

a piston that breaks

flowers like cornflakes.

The piston’s driven

by the gasping tail

of a fish, which must

be replaced each use.

A caterpillar

rolls the cigarette,

seals it with snail spit.

 

 

 

“And she tried to fancy what the flame of a candle is like after the candle is blown out, for she could not remember ever having seen such a thing…”

 

Rene Magritte

Magritte_cloud

 

 

 

magritte_empirelight

(Take a second look)

 

 

magritte_timetransfixed

(You’ve seen this before)

 

 

 

magritte1

 

 

 

 

 

The only math I am capable of:

perception x perception = reality

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your blog is still one of the most fun things to look at and read on the internet.