Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Post It Notes

I wonder what life would be like without Post-it notes. Maybe people would communicate in a more wholesome, thoughtful way. Like, by posting blogs maybe.


















My favorite paperweight says


Five Simple Rules For Happiness:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
















What I've been wondering about lately:

-The Secret Life of Plants: Supposedly, in an experiment, they had a sunflower in the middle of the room with a large group of people. One of the people beat up the sunflower. Later on, the tests subjects walked in a single file line past the sunflower, which was hooked up to a machine that can calculate its energy levels. According to a Russian researcher, the sunflower's energy dramatically increased when the attacker walked past. This leads us to believe that the sunflower was conscious of the enemy, possibly aroused by the recognition of a violent attacker. Maybe the sunflower is more sentient than we believe. Maybe it knows who we are.
-The string theory says that there are many more dimensions than what humans can perceive or sense. Since we see in 3D—length, width, height—we are not cognizant of the other dimensions that rule our life, such as time. That being said, there could possibly be parallel universes, in different dimensions than what meets the eye, only millimeters away from us at this very moment. Is it possible that gods/spiritual beings truly do exist, but just in another dimension? They could be right next to us, controlling our lives, but we wouldn’t be able to perceive them. It makes you wonder why it is human nature to believe in the spiritual beings: maybe they are there, but we can only imagine them in our minds because they are not present in our own dimension.

-When did nightcaps go out of style?






















My most recent poem:


Maybe tomorrow, I will take a day off
And read that book you thought I would like

Maybe tomorrow, I will leave the country
Or the earth
And travel alone to Neptune
Maybe tomorrow, I will climb the tree
That screams insanity at passersby

Maybe tomorrow, I will internalize your thoughts
And forget about my own

Maybe tomorrow, people will start to wear night caps again
And cover their minds and let them rest

Maybe tomorrow, I will fill some helium balloons
Tie them to a lawn chair
Bring a needle
And wait till I feel the cold atmosphere on my bare feet

Maybe tomorrow, I will want to grow up
And I will think about today



















Some cool artwork I encountered, click for larger image:

















You should check out grooveshark.com. You can listen to any song in the world for free, and even make playlists and share them online with your friends. I sound like a commercial.
But don't worry, it's all true. If you feel like sharing your playlist with me, or listening to one of my playlists, my username is wanderingcat7.













Last night's dream:

I lost my school bag. It had my ipod, my cell phone, my notebooks and everything in it. I return to school the next day looking for it with my mother. The school, in my dream, took form of a department store. I found my school bag-- it was on a rack with other bags just like it, all for sale. I went to the front desk with my bag. I told them it was mine. They told me I could have a discount.




I woke up very frustrated.

No comments: