Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Quintessential Manifestation of Daily Life

I got an Alice in Wonderland t-shirt, a bag of lollipops, and a red rose for Valentine's Day. Considering that's the first time I've ever received anything for the wannabe holiday, I was elated!


Check it out, you won't regret it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw
I found this video on StumbleUpon.com, which is fascinating. They find what you're interested in, then they show you stuff that you would like. I particularly enjoyed a list of Albert Einstein quotes, for example:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

and

"A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

I'm happy to know that Einstein and I think alike.



Moving on to the juicy stuff--

FEARS
1. Loss of freedom/police (they are essentially the same)
2. Growing up
3. Boredom*
4. Violence
5. Permanence
6. Waste
7. Scary movies
8. The millipedes/centipedes that thrive in my basement. And the weird offspring they had with the crickets.
9. Fear itself
10. Spiders (depending on mood and size of creature)

*Whenever I feel overwhelmingly bored (or if I feel boredom teeming), I will often spontaneously buy a pet. Many times, this means a simple goldfish or beta fish, but I've gone to the extremes of hamsters and sea monkeys in the past. Over the summer, I applied to adopt a ferret from an animal shelter in the city. I spent an hour or so meticulously filling out the application. After checking my email every night that week in hopes for a positive response, I finally received my feedback.
They told me that ferrets are not the kind of animal I want.
They do not sit in your lap without moving.
They do not let you pet them for hours.
They do not like to cuddle in your bed.
They recommended that I should get an elderly rabbit.
They said the elderly rabbit would die just about the same time I would go to college.


They seem to have me all figured out.

No comments: