Tuesday, June 7, 2011

tout est cool

benjamin_thomas_rawson_06

 

Brown and Gammon- Be There
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars…”

~Jack Kerouac, On the Road

 

ewoud-van-rijn_08

Sometimes I find myself trying to draw these stunning Lango Nator drawings:

langonatorLango-Nator

mine never really compare though.

 

That one house, on the rainbow box,

pablo_boffelli_03

that one would be mine.

 

may29 007

 

I’d say that if your happy to be where you are now,

you should be grateful for everything that’s happened in the past. Maybe this is old news to you guys, but it doesn’t matter as much where you were as where you’re going.

 

yansen2

 

 

What if you came home and this was tossed on your couch?

cyborg-female-kathy-weaver'

 

Artist Kathy Weaver specializes in embroidered robot quilts.

They could make any couch unique. The use of color would make houseguests immediately realize you have a robot quilt.

 

kathy-weaver1

Detail:

kathy-weaver2

I like turtles. I have a real one.

june7 002

kathy-weaver

I think my hands are too small to embroider. I can’t even braid my own hair.

therobotflees-kathy-weaver

She also paints a bit,

NanoSymbiote-kathy-weaver

It kind of reminds me of fungus.

 

 

This Adam O’Day painting reminds me of drippy, humid Chicago nights,

southie-adam-o'day

it’s officially hot as hell.

At least this here is my day job,

june5 008

Lots of chillax time, and

nothin’ but blue skies.

Finally I am within a week of Flux Pavillion and Doctor P, which will cure my need to womp among my people.

Open-mouthed smileomg…you can make smileys on this thing? Good to know..

No comments: