Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tight Ropes

 

Beats Antique

 

So uh do you like art? Real cool opening featuring street art and more eye popping ideas.

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/new-banksys-and-more-at-mocas

It seems as though art itself is as far out of this bubble you can get, the suburban bubble I mean. Since everything around here has these unspoken social laws that keep everyone and everything consistent to conformity, it’s been crucial to let my mind feast on more art than ever. Not to mention my recent interest in photography (never thought I’d see the day).

may16 029

Even despite the limitations,

I still think it’s a circus back here

may17 030

 

 

Always a lion to fight away,

A cage to break out of

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

may17 061

 

Always a tight rope to walk on, forced

And the crowd just waiting for one to slip.

Inch by inch

toe by toe

no room for error

 

may17 059

 

may17 058

You never learn anything in the circus,

really, you just watch madness occur.

Just don’t let them

take you for their act.

That’d be

Like walking into the grocery store

And seeing the neighbor’s cousin-in-law

Who divorced his second wife

And you must converse all about it

Because she spentmay17 062

25 minutes

Telling you about

“the nightmare”

earlier in the week.

That afternoon,

You never thought get out of the store

Alive.

 

All I’m saying,

Is that they walk tight ropes

And pretty soon

They don’t know anything else.

 

 

may25 021

 

may25 023

 

may25 049

I’ll be fine, I just can’t let them pull me into their act.

No comments: