Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Velvet Pants

 

 

des-fleurs-ron-brown\

 

We’re all flowers

Nous sommes fleurs

Nosotros somos flores

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One must remark how convenient it is that you can find in-depth answers to all your daily questions on the world wide web.

 

betta For example, I’m thinking about getting a beta fish for my new home here. However, I don’t know where I would put it during Christmas. Through research, I’m disappointed to say that the rules regarding flying/shipping beta fish seem very slippery and could be fatal.

 

“Don't chance it if it's very cold, very hot or if a storm's a brewin' that may cause delays.

There are risks when shipping fish and not all make it.”

 

 

 

 

Damn, this is getting risky.

 http://nippyfish.blogspot.com/2007/04/sending-fish-on-airplane-with-without.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

st-denis-small

 

Today I went biking through the city of Montreal for 3 hours. A very European trend has diffused into the Quebecois culture, namely the Bixi Bike- a mix between a bike and a taxi. One bixi1pays $5 and can use Bixi bikes for the entire day. There are more than enough stations throughout the city to drop off the bike when you arrive at your destination. Basically, there are bikes anywhere you need them, anytime.

While on our adventure, my friend Noteh and I, among other things, discovered a breathtaking Polish church, a veagan cafe, and Little Italy.

 

plateau  

This is called the “Plateau” neighborhood of Montreal, which is known for its great street art.

 

montreal-graffiti-and-bike

 

 

Bombe_sur_la_main_1_(wm)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here are some phrases that will come in handy if you are ever among Mexican people:

  • Tu madre nunca hice amigos con los gatos en su barrio.
  • Pide una sopa de plantas, y despues de bebir, puedes mirar elefantes pequenos en el jardin de su mente.
  • Te me gusta y despues de me dibujo flores y serpientes en mi cuerpo, podemos ir al cine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Translations:

  • Your Mom never made friends with the neighborhood cats.
  • I ordered a plant flavored soup, and after drinking, you can watch small elephants in the garden of your  mind.
  • I like you and after I draw flowers and snakes on myself, we can go to the movies.

Very practical.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

pope

Meg: do they make white snuggies?

Me: im not sure but probably!

Meg: yeah. why not? unless theyre racist

Me: HAHA I GOOGLED WHITE SNUGGIE AND THE FIRST PIC THAT CAME UP WAS THE POPE LOL

Meg: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i was JUST about to google white snuggie!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion.”  ~Democritus

 

 

 

 

 

 

flower1

 

 

 

 

The other day, I was having a conversation with a few friends and I felt it was time to insert my favorite phrase, “we’re all flowers”, which I  think about often. It’s still very ambiguous to me- I don’t exactly know what it means.

After I spontaneously added it to the conversation, I was somewhat surprised when someone asked

“Well, what kind of flower are you?”


Baffled at the fact that I had never even thought about this, I sat and contemplated this question while conversation moved on to other things. I finally concluded that there is no possible way I could be a flower yet because I am still a sprout. How would I know what kind of flower I am if I haven’t gotten there yet?

flower 

Anyway, the one thing I know to be indefinitely true (other than “I think therefore I exist”) is that we are all flowers. And petals smell good.

No comments: