Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Interactions



graham caldwell1


Daft Punk (Pyramid Remix) of “Something About Us”


Adam Martinakis

“I am for an art that takes its form from the lines of life itself, that twists and extends and accumulates and spits and drips, and is heavy and coarse and blunt and sweet and stupid as life itself…
I am for an art that is put on and taken off, like pants, which develops holes, like socks, which is eaten, like a piece of pie, or abandoned with great contempt, like a piece of shit…
I am for art covered with bandages. I am for art that limps and rolls and runs and jumps…

James Jean

I am for art that coils and grunts like a wrestler. I am for art that sheds hair.
I am for art you can sit on. I am for art you can pick your nose with or stub your toes on.
I am for art from a pocket, from deep channels of the ear, from the edge of a knife, from the corners of the mouth, stuck in the eye or worn on the wrist…
I am for an art that is combed down, that is hung from each ear, that is laid on the lips and under the eyes, that is shaved from the legs, that is brushed on the teeth, that is fixed on the thighs, that is slipped on the foot.”

~Claes Oldenberg, 1967



Did you know that Disney and Dali collaborated creativity for this short? I present Destino.

Featured artists: Graham Caldwell, Adam Martinakis, James Jean

1 comment:

Daisy said...

i love that Oldenberg quote, especially the first couple lines!