Wednesday, March 28, 2012

untumblr me



abd-52

Free The Robot’s Rattlesnake

remember when I said I hadn’t gotten into tumblr yet?
Well, I was looking through my last few posts and I was wondering why I was slightly discontent--
and I realized that it was because I had fallen deep down into the tumblr trap, where works of art are put up nameless, titleless, to be looked at for half a second
I fell into this trap of finding cool images instead of great ones, into a compilation of photoshop and generic quotes
sure, I’ve found some interesting images. and it’s fun to scroll down endlessly, it’s a nice way to distract`
but nothing means anything anymore, on tumblr, the aura of the work of art is completely gone
so I’m going to shut up and just let you see some good art.


Ho Ryon Lee




Incredible double exposure oil paintings (!) by Ho Ryon Lee



ho ryon lee1


ho ryon lee2







This next guy, Marion Peck, literally cracks me up. Between his paintings’ mockery of art of the past, the titles, and the expressions on some of these characters, I have not gotten a laugh out of art like this,,, well, ever.





Clown Running Through a Landscape
Clown Running Through a Landscape, 2009





Marion_Peck_Fuck_You_2008_1947_412
Fuck you, 2008



marion peck1
Sacred Grove, 2011
Just stop here, think for a second, what does this clown represent? He’s telling us something, he’s referring to us, the viewers…




Marion_Peck_Landscape_with_a_Submerged_Deer_2008_1955_412
Landscape with a Submerged Deer, 2008
^^died of laughter




Marion_Peck_Peasant_Dance_2008_1956_412
Peasant Dance, 2008
referring to
Peasant Dance, 1568 (Pieter Bruegel)





Marion_Peck_Young_Lord_Oliver_2007_1954_412
Young Lord Oliver, 2007




Comic book artist Tara McPherson and her alien oil paintings


E46AC0_fullsize








puzzling prints by Charming Baker
baker01






and if you’re going to be looking at each image for half of a second, at least do it this way--

Thanks Vil.

No comments: