Wednesday, October 5, 2011

All Nighter


Sleep forever? Once I fall asleep.
Sleep Forever by Portugal. The Man, Bassix remix


Sometimes I wonder if I drink tea too late. When I can’t sleep at night, I must write until I release everything that could possibly be keeping me awake.
The later it gets, the deeper I go.


size revised 2 for square
I think about growing up, I think about not-
I think about how people feel about me lately, try to imagine being in their skin, try to be aware of my impressions...

I think about how lucky I am to be Katy,
and how I could be happy no matter where I am-
this optimist thing is really hitting the jack pot.

Works-by-Shan-Jiang-part2-8



I also think about trivial matters
like how everyone’s gotten used to the fact that facebook is the most useful thing ever, and it is now socially acceptable to be on facebook all the time, whereas we used to make fun of people like that,

and tonight I’ve been thinking about how great my furry tail is,
since it’s perfect for people who don’t have a real cat.





shan-jiang10



I ponder over questions
like when did night caps go out of style?
and why do I love to decorate things so much?
who coined the term “coined the term”?
where can I get the most “bang” for my buck?
am I really the same person from one moment to the next?coondog

how did raccoon dogs happen? cross-breeding or..?

why is the male seahorse considered male if it carries babies?
why can’t I ever leave things incomplete?
why do I need to try everything?
is what I’m feeling universal?

why isn’t there Chipotle in Canada?

what would’ve happened if I actually did get lost when I ran away in Disneyworld? would I have even known I was lost? do we always know when we’re lost?


shan-jiang11


I think about the fact that I might be bonkers,
because I’m the only one dancing at street corners and laughing on sidewalks,
but mostly I just wonder why everyone else isn’t doing the same.


Shan-Jiang_web7

I think about love







and then I’ll be able to fall asleep.

No comments: