Saturday, July 23, 2011

Come Around

 

I need to release somewhere to make meaning.

For if I didn’t release, I’d be eternally stuck in my own brain,

unable to determine whether or not what I’m doing is real.

I must send myself out to the environment,

just to make positive I am still receiving back.

 

jung-yeon-min5

 

If everything we do effects everything else, and everything else effects us, we might as well only be doing good. After all, it only benefits us.

I think that’s what they call karma.

 

jung-yeon-min

 

I listened to this mix as I wrote.

DFRNT - Dubstep For Deep Heads Mix by Dubstep For Deep Heads

 

 

Shan-Jiang-Illustrations-3

 

Recently I’ve been making lists of things that bother me. Broken bike, cut up heel, lack of privacy, trouble writing a short story, a friend gone for the summer, another one not telling the truth.

The cool thing about these lists is that they become obsolete.

When I look at the list from last week, I can check off a lot of things that no longer bother me.

While the purpose of writing the list is to get bothersome things outside of me and onto paper, so they don’t suffocate my brighter emotions,

the real advantage is being able to look back and physically see, on paper, the temporary nature of traumas that we let hinder our day to day lives.

The progression of time makes every issue or negative emotion just a piece of the past, which should logically give us utmost hope for the present.

 

ptdc0004

 

 

http://squittybubbler.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Hugh Prather quotes. I have one of his books somewhere... Here's a good one: When it's time, it's time. The story will come when it's ready ;)

Anonymous said...

The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue.

~ Carlos Castaneda Quotes from Tales of Power

But what we resist, persists. So writing is a good outlet for the internal dialogue without shutting it out entirely.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.


~ Rumi ~


(The Essential Rumi, versions by Coleman Barks)