Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reality Bound

 

Bonobo- All in Forms

 

I’ve taught myself how to lucid dream. It’s when you realize you’re dreaming while you’re dreaming.

I don’t even know if it’s a matter of teaching yourself, or more just a matter of believing that you can do it. Ever since I found out what it was, I’ve been able to pretty easily. I realized it would be a splendid way to do things I’m not able to do, which is what I’m always trying to accomplish in waking life anyway. But lucid dreaming is like cheating, since physical laws and sociajung-yeon-min-3l norms no longer exist. I won’t publicly expand much on this thought, but you really can get away with anything.

Whenever I figure out that I’m dreaming, I’m in control from that point on. Usually I’m already in some sort of predicament, so the first step is to get out of the mess my subconscious has got myself into. Like if I’m locked in a house I have to obviously get out, maybe jump off the 3rd story balcony onto a trampoline or something, which would be a fun idea. Although, certain situations that are worrisome in real life aren’t the least bit preoccupying when you’re in a dream, for example, getting lost. Instead of going in circles in the rainforest you can just fly out of it instead, if you really wanted to, or you could just stay, since that would make an exciting place to wander and make friends anyway. jung-yeon-min-1

The best part is that it is always up to you, even though your subconscious is still shooting in random ideas and stimuli for your conscious to play with. For example, I would never actually want to be around authority, but alas a cop was protruding my leisurely afternoon trying to solve mysteries in the  mall. I was able to make the best of it though, by logically arguing with his boss, about him being invasive and worthless, until the cop lost his job. After that, I had a drink at a bar in America. Now that is impossible.

Another time, while I was lucid dreaming, I started to think about lucid dreaming. Clearly, this was one of the trippiest moments of my life, despite being asleep.

jung-yeon-min-2

Even so, my favorite dream was probably the time I snuck into a country club’s indoor pool, and consciously chose which people I wanted to be at my dream party. I saw some people I haven’t chilled with in a while, so it was nice to catch up. I’d say the most fulfilling part of lucid dreaming is being with whoever you want to be with, near or far, friend or foe, living or dead.

If there is no other reason I encourage you to try, it’s because you are capable.

And, it’s a whole new type of freedom.

 

roberthardgrave2

 

 

roberthardgrave3_nonverbal

The funny thing about the word “bound” is it means that you are both going somewhere, and going nowhere.

roberthardgrave1

 

http://flickriver.com/photos/m-geary/

 

lesha-galkin

 

 

You know how people always ask those prototypical questions like, “if you were stranded on a desert island, what would you bring?” and “would you rather have a hook for a hand or fingers that never stopped moving?”

Well, first of all, I’d rather have a hook, second of all, I’d probably bring a pen and paper. It would be terribly hard to write if your fingers never stopped moving, and one could assume that with a hook you would still have another hand available. Evidently those questions are not the tough ones.

The most difficult question I never have been able to answer is “if you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?”. I’ve floated in and out of the idea of macaroni and cheese, and Lucky charms, and lemons, but the point of me writing this somewhat superfluous paragraph is to document the fact that, after much speculation and experience regarding food-eating, I have come to the conclusion that I would subsist off of

CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES

and thus, it is officially decided.

No comments: